Union County, Iowa
Passport Information and Application
The Union County Auditor’s Office is a passport acceptance agent for the US Department of State Federal Passport Agency.
The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Auditor’s office can assist U.S. citizens, who meet the passport application requirements, with obtaining a U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card.
The passport application is available in our office or may be accessed by clicking here.
Items needed to apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card:
1. Passport application – print legibly in black ink. DO NOT sign until the application is presented to the accepting agent.
2. One passport photo. Photos can be taken at the Recorder's Office.
3. A certified copy of your birth certificate and/or previous passport. The birth certificate must be issued from the state or the county, NOT the hospital.
4. Driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
5. Two checks for each application. Money orders are acceptable. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
6. Each person applying for a passport must present himself/herself to the acceptance agent, including a child.
7. Parental consent is needed for minor children:
If applicant is 16 or 17:
a. Applicant must appear in person, sign application and show driver’s license.
b. Parental consent is required by at least one parent appearing in person with their driver’s license.
If applicant is UNDER 16:
a. Applicant must appear in person.
b. Parental consent is required by BOTH parents appearing in person with their driver’s license. Ask for details if one of the parents is unable to appear in person.
Passport applications are accepted in the Union County, Iowa Auditor's Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
For more information call the Auditor's Office at 641-782-1701 or click on the following link: Travel.State.Gov